This is for everyone who likes a nice creamy, cheesy pasta. This version uses gluten free pasta, as I have a mild gluten intolerance. You may choose whatever type of pasta you prefer, it will work with any type and shape.
Feeds: Three Adults or Five Kids or One Really Hungry Teenager 🙂
250g (GF) Pasta
150ml Double Cream
60g Shiitake Mushrooms
2 Egg Yolks
1tbl spoon of Pesto of your choice
3 Garlic Cloves
1 White Onion
3 Flat Beans
1/2 Smoked Mozzarella ball
200g Padrón Peppers
Chop you ingredients how you want them in the sauce.
In my case I quartered the mushrooms, cut the onion into wedges, flat beans into roughly an inch long pieces and cubed the cheese to finger width chunks.
- Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic and Flat Beans in the pan with a bit of rapeseed oil. Season with Salt and Pepper. Fry until onions are soft.
- Once onions are soft, add Double Cream, Pesto and cubed Smoked Mozzarella
- Put your Pasta in boiling water. Add a bit of Oil and Salt.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it, leave a bit of paste water, and add that to your sauce.
- Add drained past to the frying pan. Put in the Egg Yolks, Coriander and grated Pecorino Cheese.
- Work the yolk in your sauce and pasta quickly, before it cooks.
- Fry Padrón Peppers on a griddle pan, on high heat. Sprinkle salt generously. Make sure the peppers are charred.
- Serve your tasty pasta with the peppers on the side
- Another thing that you might consider adding towards the end of the cooking are Capers.
- When buying a bunch of fresh Coriander, chop it all up and store it in a container in your freezer. This way you will always have fresh Coriander available!
- Similarly – you can make or buy already chopped frozen Garlic.
- Use any crunchy green veg if you don’t like Flat Beans – Green Peppers, Broccoli…
- You can substitute Pecorino for Parmigiano
- You can use your leftover Egg Whites to make a small meringue.
- You can try this recipe with vegan alternatives for cream, cheese and egg. If you do, let me know how you did.
- All the measurements are approximate, if you want to add more mushrooms or onions – do it!